Foraging Friday - The Ugly Spud

This fortnight's forage was particularly difficult as my inspiration, stock and budget has been considerably lower than usual.

I had frozen some leftover savoury pie mince a few weeks before but it was not enough to feed five. Fortunately, I had potatoes and had recently been looking at twice baked potato recipe I came across on pinterest. 
This is nothing like it and ten times more ugly but I was pinspired to create "The Ugly Spud".....


*Cut 5 baked potatoes in half.
*Remove skin and mash 4 halves with butter, milk and seasoning (as desired) 
*Mix savoury mince with mashed potato and pile atop remaining 6 potato halves.
*Top with grated cheese and bake until cheese has melted.


I just scraped through with this foraging challenge thanks to the ugly spud and little bit of pinspiration.

The possibilities are endless with baked potatoes!
What's your favourite filling?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full-time Parent Claims 'Sanity Day'.

Grocery Shopping on a Budget

Butterscotch Pudding - Self Saucing