Stuffed Chicken, wrapped in bacon
6 Chicken thighs
6 Bacon rashes, fat/rind trimmed and cut in 1/2
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1Tbs Onion and Chive dip mix (or fresh herbs)
1Tbs olive oil
1. Heat oil in small pan, Lightly saute garlic.
2. Remove rind and excess fat from bacon, lay 2 rashes on foil
3. Remove excess fat from chicken and butterfly fillet and place on top of bacon.
3. Spoon even portions of garlic into middle of fillets and sprinkle each with onion and chive dip mix.
4. Wrap-fold chicken into a roll, then wrap bacon around the outside. Wrap each one in foil.
5. Place on baking tray in oven @ 180°C for 30mins, then remove foil for a further 10mins cooking.
The first time I made these was a "learning experience". I got the idea from a Facebook cooking/discussion group and thought it looked liked something my family would really enjoy. There was no recipe, just a picture, so I filled in the blanks.
The chicken was cooked perfectly but I had used slithers of raw garlic which hadn't really cooked and infused the whole fillet with a very strong garlic flavour. Don't get me wrong, I love garlic but this was just too much.
Really, the filling possibilities are endless. you might also choose a leaner option and use eggplant or zucchini instead of bacon.....