Potato and Bacon Soup

I love the end of summer. Those few weeks when the nights are cooler, the leaves are turning yellow on the trees and SOUP starts to make it's return to  the menu.

So simple and fast! I like to serve my soups with fresh bread to dip like this Simple Focaccia.
Winter is such a wonderful time to be in the kitchen, enjoying the warm glow of the stove elements whilst getting a soup stock steam facial.
I was so excited to kick off soup season this year that I forgot the bacon hock.... no matter, chicken stock works just as well for this soup.

Soup doesn't have to be complicated, it can be as simple as you want it to be.

Potato and Bacon Soup with Chicken Stock

Serves 6


---Ingredients---

1ltr chicken stock 
(Or 1ltre water and 4 stock cubes)
5 medium potatoes (approx 750g) - peeled and roughly chopped
1 leek - roughly chopped
4 rashers/full slices of bacon 
Salt and pepper to taste


---Method---

•In a medium to large saucepan, saute leek then add stock and potato. bring to the boil then simmer with lid on about 30 minutes.

•Meanwhile grill bacon until just cooked and cut into rough chunks.

•Once potato is softened, use a stick blender to blend potato mix to a smooth consistency add extra water if necessary.

•Stir in bacon and season to taste.

Simple Focaccia Recipe 



We enjoy our soups with fresh baked breads like this focaccia.

Comments

  1. I love everything about this soup and I know everyone in my family will too. The only difficult part was that I had to google "rasher", LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope my edit solves that problem Karen.
      I had the same problem with your stick of butter. All praise google, knower of all things.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Full-time Parent Claims 'Sanity Day'.

Grocery Shopping on a Budget

ANZAC Biscuits