Jamberry Nail Wraps, are they any good?

**I am not a consultant and receive no payment for this review.

Let me start by saying, I am not a nail person. I’ve not even used nail polish for years, chips and scratches drive me mad! So when I was sent a sample pack of Jamberry Nail Wraps, I was feeling a tad out of my comfort zone but more than a little curious about how they would hold up against the housewife brutality that my hands are subjected to everyday.

Since I’m far more comfortable with the Plain Jane look these days, I did feel a little bizarre. Particularly as, being only samples, the nails didn't match up.
However, when my kids light up and declare me to be pretty on account of my fancy nails, it’s a melting moment. Yeah, it feels good.

Application is Simple
Believe me when I tell you, if I can do it,
anyone can!
1.Clean unpolished nails with alcohol wipe and push back the cuticles.
2.Match nail (finger or toe) to the nail wrap that best fits.
3.Peel off nail wrap and warm with a mini heater or blow-dryer for 3-5 seconds or until soft and flexible.
4.When warm, press the wrap onto the nail. Apply firm pressure around edges to adhere the wrap to the nail. Use rubber cuticle pusher to seal the wrap around the base of the cuticle.
5.Trim the top with scissors and file off remaining wrap using a downward motion to remove excess.
6.Apply heat and pressure to the wrap again until it is bonded to the nail.

I know what you're thinking, “Ain't nobody got time for this sh#t!”
I put this off for about a week, trying to find the time that I thought I would need to repeat all 6 steps on all 10 of my nails…. That's 60 steps!!!
In actual fact, it only took me about 15 minutes and considering I have absolutely no inclination for this particular skill, I was quite impressed.

I wore these for a week and I promise you, I did not take it easy on them. They were subjected to the usual workload of being submersed in hot dish washing water twice a day, the non stop cooking, baking and food prep,  child restraints, washing machines and Lego construction.
I’ll be honest, I was looking hard for flaws. Something this easy must have flaws!

I managed to snag one of my nails on a child restraint buckle. At the same time, I broke my own nail so it’s not surprising that I needed to remove the wrap. No big deal, a few minutes and it was replaced.
Apart from that, none of the chips and scratches that turned me off nail polish.
Did I mention, I'm a biter? The wraps did help deter me.

It makes perfect sense that a product applied and removed with heat might not stand up to my daily routine and this was where most of my scepticism for Jamberry nail wraps came from.
I have no dish washer and insist on washing my dishes in the hottest water possible so, I was surprised when they stayed on throughout their detergent filled hot tub twice a day.

On the seventh day, I heated and removed the wraps with ease and absolutely no damage to my own nails.
I believe they would have lasted longer but my nails grow fast and the gap between the wraps and my cuticle were beginning to annoy me. -Yeah I know, woman not fussed about nails is irritated by small regrowth, go figure.

Do I recommend Jamberry?
In short, Yes.

I find it hard to gush about a product that serves little to no purpose in my day to day life.
However, I was quite surprised with the ease of use and the resilience of the nail wraps and the many complements I received confirmed my own judgement that they looked great and not at all like ‘stickers’.

Although I wasn't particularly impressed with the designs in the sample pack, Jamberry do have a large selection of designs to choose from including festive and children's designs to suit everyone’s taste.

It's hard to make a blanket statement about price but after looking around, I found the price was either the similar on the lower end (as long as you can resist their upselling techniques) or much cheaper than a professional service with the added benefit of no appointments, waiting or having to put up with the dizzying fumes in the salons.

What I love most about Jamberry is that you get support home based business, mostly run by WAHM's who care about every one of their customers personally.
Samples provided by Linda

Jamberry wraps get the thumbs up from me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full-time Parent Claims 'Sanity Day'.

Grocery Shopping on a Budget

Butterscotch Pudding - Self Saucing