25/05/2016

Butterscotch Pudding - Self Saucing


When you say, "Winter Comfort Food," I immediately think pudding. Steaming hot pudding.

Butterscotch has got to be my all time favorite. The first pudding I ever made, all those years ago (not that many though), in my mother's kitchen. A childhood com

fort that I can share with my own children, sitting together by the fire.


Butterscotch Pudding


---Ingredients---
  • 1 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
  • 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
  • Pinch Salt
  • 90 grams Butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
  • 3/4 cup Milk
  • 3 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
  • 60 grams Butter
  • 1 3/4 cups (430mls) Hot Water





---Method---

•Preheat oven to 180°C

•Combine first 6 ingredients, flour, salt, sugar, butter, vanilla essence and milk, in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly until smooth.

•Pour mix into a baking dish and spread evenly along the bottom.

Sauce

•Melt butter. Stir in golden syrup and water.

•Gently pour sauce over pudding mixture. Bake for 35 minutes.